STCW Basic Safety Training
The STCW Basic Safety Training will consist in survival at sea drills, and fire prevention & fire fighting live drills at the Pronautic specialised for seafarers fire field.
Maritime Specialty Course as approved by the DGMM (Dirección General de la Marina Mercante) and endorsed by the IMO (International Maritime Organisation).
45 hours of theroy
25 hours of practice
|Confirmed||06 June - 14 June||06/06 - 14/06||Barcelona - Manresa|
- First select a date
This course is oriented to all personnel that performs professional sea-faring duties in commercial and fishing vessels, being a compulsory certification to attain the maritime identification booklet. The Social Maritime Bureau of Spain will request this document in order to issue an appointment for the ENG1 medical examination.
Wide range of professional opportunities come along with the attainment of this training and certification:
• Dockhand at a Marina or Sailing Club.
• Seaman on board a fishing vessel by adding the Professional Fisherman License.
• Seaman or Mariner without steering or engine tasks in any vessel.
• Different cruise vessel positions.
• Assistant on board a vessel dedicated to waterjet-skiing, scuba-diving, water jet-skiing platforms, vessels, among others.
This programme fits into the official Resolution of September 21st 2016, and acts in accordance to the Formative Code of the STCW-78 Convention. It's content appears in Rule VI / 1 of the ammended STCW-78 Convention, Section A-VI / 1, Charts A-VI / 1-1 A-VI/1-2, A-VI/1-3, A-VI/1-4, and Section B-VI / 1 of the Training Code.